Sabbatini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Sabbatini family
The surname Sabbatini was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The name was first recorded in 1228 when the family were prominent in the Government of Bologna.
Early History of the Sabbatini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sabbatini research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1364, 1487, 1530, 1530, 1577, 1597, 1662, 1650, 1724, 1622, 1683, 1600, 1657, 1703 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Sabbatini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sabbatini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sabbatini, Sabbadini, Sabatini, Sabattini, Sabbatinni, Sabatino, Sabadini, Sabatelli, Sabato and many more.
Early Notables of the Sabbatini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Sabbatini (1487-1530), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Lorenzo Sabbatini (1530-1577), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Galeazzo Sabbatini (1597-1662) an Italian composer and music theorist; Venerable Ludovico...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sabbatini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sabbatini migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sabbatini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ferdinando Sabbatini, aged 32, who landed in America from Corneto Tarquinia, Italy, in 1906
- Gabriele Sabbatini, aged 37, who settled in America from Tena di Conte, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Sabbatini, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Corteno, Brexia, Italy, in 1907
- Alfredo Sabbatini, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Mandolfo, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Sabbatini, aged 39, who settled in America from Villa Basilica, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sabbatini (post 1700) +
- Luigi Antonio Sabbatini (1732-1809), Italian composer and music theorist
- Venerable Ludovico Sabbatini (1650-1724), Italian priest and religious educator, beatified by the Catholic Church in 1765
- Giuseppe Sabbatini (b. 1957), Italian lyric tenor
- Renato Marcos Endrizzi Sabbatini (b. 1947), Brazilian retired professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and in the State University of Campinas Institute of Biology
- Rory Mario Trevor Sabbatini (b. 1976), South African professional golfer
Related Stories +