Early Origins of the Sabatino family
The surname Sabatino was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The name was first recorded in 1228 when the family were prominent in the Government of Bologna.
Early History of the Sabatino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sabatino research.Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1364, 1487, 1530, 1530, 1577, 1597, 1662, 1650, 1724, 1622, 1683, 1600, 1657, 1703 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Sabatino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sabatino Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Sabbatini, Sabbadini, Sabatini, Sabattini, Sabbatinni, Sabatino, Sabadini, Sabatelli, Sabato and many more.
Early Notables of the Sabatino family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Sabbatini (1487-1530), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Lorenzo Sabbatini (1530-1577), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Galeazzo Sabbatini (1597-1662) an Italian composer and music theorist; Venerable Ludovico... Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sabatino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sabatino family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sabatino Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Sabatino, who arrived in America in 1890
Sabatino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joe Sabatino, who settled in New York, NY in 1913
Contemporary Notables of the name Sabatino (post 1700)
- Anthony Sabatino (1944-1993), American Daytime Emmy Award winning, four-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated art director
- Michael Sabatino (b. 1955), American Soap Opera Digest Award nominated actor from Venice, California
- Gennaro Sabatino (b. 1992), Italian Grand Prix motorcycle racer from Mugnano di Napoli, Italy
- Pasquale Di Sabatino (b. 1988), Italian professional racing driver from Atri
- Daniela Sabatino (b. 1985), Italian football striker, member of the Italian national team
- Nicola Sabatino (1705-1796), Italian composer from Naples, known for his operas and masses