Early Origins of the Sabatini family
The surname Sabatini was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The name was first recorded in 1228 when the family were prominent in the Government of Bologna.
Early History of the Sabatini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Sabatini research.Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1364, 1487, 1530, 1530, 1577, 1597, 1662, 1650, 1724, 1622, 1683, 1600, 1657, 1703 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Sabatini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Sabatini Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Sabbatini, Sabbadini, Sabatini, Sabattini, Sabbatinni, Sabatino, Sabadini, Sabatelli, Sabato and many more.
Early Notables of the Sabatini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Sabbatini (1487-1530), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Lorenzo Sabbatini (1530-1577), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Galeazzo Sabbatini (1597-1662) an Italian composer and music theorist; Venerable Ludovico... Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Sabatini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Sabatini family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Sabatini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albina Sabatini, aged 22, who landed in America from Villa Basilica, Italy, in 1908
- Achille Sabatini, aged 43, who emigrated to America from Secinara, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Sabatini, aged 53, who emigrated to the United States from Roccaviva, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Sabatini, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Lettomanoppetto, Italy, in 1910
- Alfonso Sabatini, aged 38, who settled in America from Pistoia, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Sabatini (post 1700)
- Gabriele Sabatini (b. 1976), retired Italian professional football player and professional wrestler
- Gaetano Sabatini (1703-1734), Italian draftsman and painter
- Walter Sabatini (b. 1955), Italian former association football player
- Fabio Sabatini (b. 1985), Italian professional road bicycle racer
- Sandra Sabatini (b. 1959), Canadian writer from Guelph, Ontario
- Rafael Sabatini (1875-1950), Italian-born, English writer of novels of romance and adventure
- Gabriela Beatriz Sabatini (b. 1970), former professional Argentine tennis player