Saba History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Saba family
The surname Saba was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The name was first recorded in 1228 when the family were prominent in the Government of Bologna.
Early History of the Saba family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saba research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1364, 1487, 1530, 1530, 1577, 1597, 1662, 1650, 1724, 1622, 1683, 1600, 1657, 1703 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Saba History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Saba Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sabbatini, Sabbadini, Sabatini, Sabattini, Sabbatinni, Sabatino, Sabadini, Sabatelli, Sabato and many more.
Early Notables of the Saba family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea Sabbatini (1487-1530), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Lorenzo Sabbatini (1530-1577), an Italian painter of the Renaissance; Galeazzo Sabbatini (1597-1662) an Italian composer and music theorist; Venerable Ludovico...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Saba migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Saba Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Hernando Saba, who settled in Cuba in 1555
Saba Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Martin Saba, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1847 
- Antonio Saba, who arrived in New York sometime between 1884 and 1915
Saba Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Saba, who settled in North Dakota in 1903
- Charles Saba, who settled in Arkansas in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name Saba (post 1700) +
- Saba S. Mohammed, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Gary, Indiana, 2011 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html