on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Saavedra family come from? What is the Spanish Saavedra family crest and coat of arms? When did the Saavedra family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saavedra family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Saavedra, Savedra, Savedre and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saavedra research. Another 428 words (31 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saavedra History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Saavedra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Lope De Saavedra who came to Florida in 1538
- Isabel Saavedra who arrived in New Spain in 1562
- Maria De Saavedra who immigrated to New Granada in 1590
Saavedra Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lope De Saavedra, who arrived in Florida in 1838
- Pedro Saavedra, who arrived in Guatemala in 1838
- Enrique Saavedra Mantilla who settled in Puerto Rico in 1849
- Enrique Saavedra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1849
- Agustin Saavedra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1858
- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1547-1616), Spanish writer, author of Don Quixote
- Tomás Barrera Saavedra, Spanish composer
- Sebastian Saavedra (b. 1990), Colombian racecar driver
- Nélson Saavedra (b. 1988), Chilean footballer
- Daniel Ortega Saavedra (b. 1945), Nicaraguan politician
- Cornelio Saavedra (1761-1829), Argentine soldier and politician
- José Vilalta Saavedra (1865-1912), Cuban sculptor, best known as the creator of a statue of José Martí (1905) located in the Parque Central of Havana, Cuba
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Saavedra Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saavedra Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 June 2014 at 22:58.
on orders of $85 or more