on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Saavedra family come from? What is the Spanish Saavedra family crest and coat of arms? When did the Saavedra family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saavedra family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Saavedra, Savedra, Savedre and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saavedra research. Another 428 words(31 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saavedra History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Saavedra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Lope De Saavedra who came to Florida in 1538
- Isabel Saavedra who arrived in New Spain in 1562
- Maria De Saavedra who immigrated to New Granada in 1590
Saavedra Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lope De Saavedra, who arrived in Florida in 1838
- Pedro Saavedra, who arrived in Guatemala in 1838
- Enrique Saavedra Mantilla who settled in Puerto Rico in 1849
- Enrique Saavedra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1849
- Agustin Saavedra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1858
- Tomás Barrera Saavedra, Spanish composer
- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1547-1616), Spanish writer, author of Don Quixote
- José Vilalta Saavedra (1865-1912), Cuban sculptor, best known as the creator of a statue of José Martí (1905) located in the Parque Central of Havana, Cuba
- Cornelio Saavedra (1761-1829), Argentine soldier and politician
- Daniel Ortega Saavedra (b. 1945), Nicaraguan politician
- Nélson Saavedra (b. 1988), Chilean footballer
- Sebastian Saavedra (b. 1990), Colombian racecar driver
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Saavedra Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saavedra Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 June 2014 at 22:58.
on orders of $85 or more