Ruzicka History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ruzicka family
The surname Ruzicka was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. One of the principle names of the area was the royal Clan of Poraj, of which the family name Ruzycki is a branch. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Ruzicka family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruzicka research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1228 and 1450 are included under the topic Early Ruzicka History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ruzicka Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruzicki, Ruzecki, Rusicki, Ruzicka, Ruzacki and others.
Early Notables of the Ruzicka family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ruzicka Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Ruzicka is the 13,932nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Ruzicka migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruzicka Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Leopold Ruzicka, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906 
- Joseph Ruzicka, who landed in America in 1884 
- Kate rina Kudrna Ruzicka, who arrived in America in 1884 
Ruzicka Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Towny W Ruzicka, who arrived in Arkansas in 1906 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ruzicka (post 1700) +
- Rudolph Ruzicka (1883-1978), Czech-born American wood engraver, etcher, illustrator, typeface designer, and book designer
- Peter Ruzicka (b. 1948), German composer and conductor of classical music
- Marla Ruzicka (1976-2005), founder of the Campaign for Innocent Victims in Conflict (CIVIC)
- Leopold Ruzicka (1887-1976), Yugoslavian chemist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)