on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Ruppert family come from? What is the German Ruppert family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ruppert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ruppert family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruppert, Rupprecht, Ruppert, Ruperecht, Ruprecht and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruppert research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1601, 1790, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Ruppert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ruppert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruppert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Adam Ruppert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Henry Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- George Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who came to Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
Ruppert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gottlieb Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Kath Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Nicholas Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- John M Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- Frank Ruppert, who landed in Iowa in 1886
- Jacob Ruppert (1867-1939), American National Guard colonel, Congressman, brewery owner and owner of the New York Yankees
- Michael C. Ruppert (1951-2014), American author a former Los Angeles Police Department officer and investigative journalist
- Ralph Ruppert (b. 1959), German Record Producer
- Christa Ruppert (1935-2010), German-born, Portuguese violinist
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Ruppert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ruppert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 March 2015 at 08:26.
on orders of $85 or more