on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Ruppert family come from? What is the German Ruppert family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ruppert family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ruppert family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ruppert, Rupprecht, Ruppert, Ruperecht, Ruprecht and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruppert research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1601, 1790, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Ruppert History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ruppert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruppert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Adam Ruppert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Henry Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- George Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who came to Pennsylvania in 1765
- Charles Ruppert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
Ruppert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gottlieb Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Kath Ruppert, who landed in America in 1856
- Nicholas Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- John M Ruppert, who arrived in Iowa in 1886
- Frank Ruppert, who landed in Iowa in 1886
- Jacob Ruppert (1867-1939), American National Guard colonel, Congressman, brewery owner and owner of the New York Yankees
- Michael C. Ruppert (1951-2014), American author a former Los Angeles Police Department officer and investigative journalist
- Ralph Ruppert (b. 1959), German Record Producer
- Christa Ruppert (1935-2010), German-born, Portuguese violinist
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
The Ruppert Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ruppert Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 March 2015 at 08:26.
on orders of $85 or more