on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Runyon family come from? What is the English Runyon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Runyon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Runyon family history?The Runyon surname is an Anglicization of the French name Rongnon.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Runyon, Runyan, Runyun, Runion, Rongnion, Runnion and others.
First found in on the island of Jersey, where an exile from Poitiers, France, made a brief stop on his way to America. It is unclear whether other Huguenots of this name settled in parts of England.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runyon research. Another 49 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 42 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Vincent Runyon, who arrived in New Jersey in 1665
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. Runyon, who came to San Francisco in 1852
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- E. Runyon, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Chas. Runyon, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Elsie Waite Runyon, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1910
- Frank Runyon, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- David Runyon, aged 54, who landed in America, in 1911
- Charles West Runyon (1928-1987), American author
- Marvin Travis Runyon (1924-2004), American business executive for Ford Motor Car and Nissan Motors
- Jennifer Runyon (b. 1960), American actress
- Alfred Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American author and journalist
- Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American newspaperman and writer
- Robert Runyon (1881-1968), Texan photographer, and mayor of Brownsville from 1941-43, whose work documents much of the early history of Texas and the Mexican revolution
- The Ancestors, and their Children of Enoch R. Runyan (1824-1908) of New Jersey and Illinois and his Known Descendants by Melba Marion Runyon Aaron.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
The Runyon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Runyon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 November 2014 at 16:27.
on orders of $85 or more