Runyon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Runyon surname is an Anglicization of the French name Rongnon.
Early Origins of the Runyon family
The surname Runyon was first found in on the island of Jersey, where an exile from Poitiers, France, made a brief stop on his way to America. It is unclear whether other Huguenots of this name settled in parts of England.
Early History of the Runyon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runyon research. More information is included under the topic Early Runyon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Runyon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Runyon, Runyan, Runyun, Runion, Rongnion, Runnion and others.
Early Notables of the Runyon family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Runyon is the 2,608th most popular surname with an estimated 12,435 people with that name. 
Runyon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Vincent Runyon, who arrived in New Jersey in 1665 
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. Runyon, who settled in San Francisco in 1852
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- E. Runyon, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Chas. Runyon, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Elsie Waite Runyon, aged 37, who immigrated to America, in 1910
- Frank Runyon, who immigrated to the United States, in 1910
- David Runyon, aged 54, who landed in America, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Runyon (post 1700) +
- Marie M. Runyon (1915-2018), American political activist from New York, Member of the New York State Assembly (1975-1976)
- Marvin Travis Runyon (1924-2004), American business executive for Ford Motor Car and Nissan Motors
- Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American newspaperman and writer
- Alfred Damon Runyon (1884-1946), American author and journalist
- Jennifer Runyon (b. 1960), American actress
- Charles West Runyon (1928-1987), American author
- Donald E. Runyon, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Navy, during World War II, credited with 11 aerial victories
- Helen K. Runyon, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Barstow, California, 2004 
- Harry Runyon, American Democratic Party politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Warren County, 1921-23; Member of New Jersey State Senate from Warren County, 1939-47 
- Enos W. Runyon, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Union County, 1867 
- ... (Another 10 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Runyon +
- The Ancestors, and their Children of Enoch R. Runyan (1824-1908) of New Jersey and Illinois and his Known Descendants by Melba Marion Runyon Aaron.
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html