100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The Runyon surname is an Anglicization of the French name Rongnon.
The surname Runyon was first found in on the island of Jersey, where an exile from Poitiers, France, made a brief stop on his way to America. It is unclear whether other Huguenots of this name settled in parts of England.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Runyon, Runyan, Runyun, Runion, Rongnion, Runnion and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Runyon research. Another 49 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Runyon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Vincent Runyon, who arrived in New Jersey in 1665
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- W. Runyon, who came to San Francisco in 1852
Runyon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- E. Runyon, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Chas. Runyon, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States, in 1903
- Elsie Waite Runyon, aged 37, who emigrated to America, in 1910
- Frank Runyon, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- David Runyon, aged 54, who landed in America, in 1911
- Helen K. Runyon, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Barstow, California, 2004
- Harry Runyon, American Democrat politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Warren County, 1921-23; Member of New Jersey State Senate from Warren County, 1939-47
- Enos W. Runyon, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Union County, 1867
- Elissa Runyon, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Virgin Islands, 1988
- E. C. Runyon, American Democrat politician, Candidate for West Virginia State Senate 6th District, 1928
- Mrs. Charles E. Runyon, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Oregon, 1928
- John Runyon, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Essex County, 1843-45
- Marie M. Runyon, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly 70th District, 1975
- Pearl Runyon, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky, 1952
- Robert Runyon (1881-1968), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1944
- The Ancestors, and their Children of Enoch R. Runyan (1824-1908) of New Jersey and Illinois and his Known Descendants by Melba Marion Runyon Aaron.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Runyon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Runyon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 November 2015 at 11:44.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!