Rummel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rummel family
The surname Rummel was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Rummel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rummel research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1705, 1751, and 1828 are included under the topic Early Rummel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rummel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rummel, Rommel, Rumel, Rummell, Rommell, Rommell and many more.
Early Notables of the Rummel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rummel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Rummel is the 8,247th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Rummel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rummel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Valentin Rummel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Jacob Rummel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Michael Rummel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Johann Jacob Rummel, who landed in America in 1750 
- Johann Georg Rummel, who arrived in America in 1778 
Rummel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Rummel, who arrived in New York in 1847 
- Frederick Rummel, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1859 
- Elisabeth Rummel, who landed in North America in 1860 
- Henry William Rummel, who arrived in Texas in 1866 
- Franz Rummel, aged 40, who arrived in New York, NY in 1893 
Contemporary Notables of the name Rummel (post 1700) +
- Sandy Rummel (b. 1942), American Minnesota politician and a former member of the Minnesota Senate (2007-2011)
- Jacob Rummel (1857-1928), American cigarmaker and Socialist from Milwaukee who served one term (1905–1908) as a member of the Wisconsin State Senate
- Henrik Rummel (b. 1987), Danish-born, American gold and bronze medalist rower
- Michael Rummel, American politician, Mayor of Lake Forest, Illinois, 2007 
- John E. Rummel, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New Jersey, 1988, 1992 
- Charles L. Rummel, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Presidential Elector for Pennsylvania, 1916 
- Alvin L. Rummel, American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Gogebic County; Elected unopposed 1930; Elected 1932 
- Walter Morse Rummel (1887-1953), German-born French pianist associated with Claude Debussy's works
- Franz Rummel (1853-1901), German pianist, born in England and active across continental Europe.
- Elizabeth "Lizzie" von Rummel (1897-1980), born Baroness Elizabet von Rummel, a German-born, Canadian environmentalist and mountaineer
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html