Ruckman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Ruckman family
The surname Ruckman was first found in Hessen, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. In their later history the branches became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family. Chronicles first mention Betz Ruecker of Schweinfurt in 1388 and Peschklle Ruecker of Glatz in 1343. The variation Rueckert is the more recent, and Rueckhardt first appears in the 16th century.
Early History of the Ruckman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruckman research.Another 231 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1545, 1550, 1594, 1631, 1667, 1689, 1788, 1834, and 1866 are included under the topic Early Ruckman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ruckman Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rucker, Ruecker, Ruckers (northern Germany), Ruckert (Franconia, Silesia), Rueckert, Rueckhardt, Ruckhardt, Rueckhart, Ruckhart, Ruckers, Rueckers, Rukker, Rucker, Ruck, Rucke and many more.
Early Notables of the Ruckman family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ruckman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ruckman family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruckman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Victor Ruckman, who settled in Illinois in 1896
Ruckman Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Morris Ruckman, aged 38, who landed in America, in 1907
- James C. Ruckman, aged 42, who emigrated to America, in 1919
- Richard M. Ruckman, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Arthur A. Ruckman, aged 42, who landed in America, in 1920
Ruckman Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. John Ruckman U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784 CITATION[CLOSE]
Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X
Contemporary Notables of the name Ruckman (post 1700)
- Peter Sturges Ruckman (1921-2016), American Independent Baptist pastor, founder of Pensacola Bible Institute
- Robert Ruckman (b. 1952), American professional football player
- Ivy Ruckman (b. 1931), American award-winning author of books for children and young adults
- Major General John Wilson Ruckman (1858-1921), United States Army officer and the only individual to command three of the six designated interior military Departments
Ruckman Family Crest Products
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X