Ruckert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ruckert family
The surname Ruckert was first found in Hessen, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. In their later history the branches became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family. Chronicles first mention Betz Ruecker of Schweinfurt in 1388 and Peschklle Ruecker of Glatz in 1343. The variation Rueckert is the more recent, and Rueckhardt first appears in the 16th century.
Early History of the Ruckert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ruckert research. Another 219 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1545, 1550, 1594, 1631, 1667, 1689, 1788, 1834, and 1866 are included under the topic Early Ruckert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ruckert Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rucker, Ruecker, Ruckers (northern Germany), Ruckert (Franconia, Silesia), Rueckert, Rueckhardt, Ruckhardt, Rueckhart, Ruckhart, Ruckers, Rueckers, Rukker, Rucker, Ruck, Rucke and many more.
Early Notables of the Ruckert family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ruckert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ruckert migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ruckert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Ruckert, who arrived in America in 1782 
- Johann Michael Ruckert, who arrived in America in 1783 
- Magdalena Ruckert, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1787 
- Hartman Ruckert to Philadelphia in 1787
- Christophel Ruckert, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1787 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Ruckert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Heinrich Ruckert, who arrived in North America in 1838 
- Christian Ruckert, who arrived in North America in 1838 
- Johannes Ruckert, who landed in North America in 1838 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ruckert (post 1700) +
- Friedrich Rückert (1788-1866), German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages; born in Schweinfurt, he was a master of thirty languages, but is best known as a translator of Oriental poetry and as a writer of poems conceived in the spirit of Oriental masters
- Ernst Rückert (1892-1950), German stage and film actor, born in Berlin, he was known for his roles in Destiny (1921), Sein Rekordflug (1914) and 'Tween Heaven and Earth (1913)
- Heinrich Rückert (1823-1875), German historian and Germanist, son of orientalist and poet Friedrich Rückert
- Feodor Ivanovich Rückert (b. 1840), Russian silver and goldsmith of German origin, Fabergé workmaster; born in Moscow, he worked with Carl Fabergé from 1887
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)