Rubalcaba History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish surname Rubalcaba is of local origin, being derived from the name of the place of residence of the initial bearer. In this instance, the surname would appear to be derived from a pseudo translation of the Arabic term "Rub al Khali" which means literally "the empty quarter." There is little doubt that this place-name was first introduced into Spain during the Moorish conquest when Tarik the Moorish leader crossed into Gibraltar in the year 711.
Early Origins of the Rubalcaba family
The surname Rubalcaba was first found in the Castilian province of Santander.
Early History of the Rubalcaba family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rubalcaba research. Another 112 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1878 is included under the topic Early Rubalcaba History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rubalcaba Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rubalcava, Ruvalcava, Ruvalcaba and others.
Early Notables of the Rubalcaba family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rubalcaba Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Rubalcaba is the 15,366th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Rubalcaba migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rubalcaba Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daniel Rubalcaba, aged 17, who settled in America from Sacabova, Spain, in 1910
- Jose Rubalcaba, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Ignacio Rubalcaba, aged 42, who landed in America from Santander, Spain, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Rubalcaba (post 1700) +
- Mario Rubalcaba (b. 1972), Mexican American rock drummer, also known as Ruby Mars
- Alexis Rubalcaba (b. 1972), Cuban amateur boxer, 1999 Pan American Games gold medalist
- Gilberto Rubalcaba (b. 1896), Mexican journalist and poet
- Jacobo Rubalcaba (1895-1960), Cuban trombonist, composer and bandleader
- Guillermo Rubalcaba (1927-2015), Cuban pianist, leader of Charanga Rubalcaba
- Gonzalo Rubalcaba (b. 1963), Cuban jazz pianist and composer
- Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba (1951-2019), Deputy Prime Minister of Spain and Secretary General of the PSOE
- Rubi Rubalcaba (1931-2012), ring name of Ruben Carbajal Lopez, a Mexican Luchador; he won the Mexican National Cruiserweight Championship, Mexican National Middleweight Championship and NWA World Light Heavyweight Championship
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm