Rosenau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rosenau family
The surname Rosenau was first found in Westphalia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Rosenau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rosenau research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1825 is included under the topic Early Rosenau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rosenau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rosenau, Rozenau, Roysenau, Rosinau, Roizenau, Rosnau, Roznau and many more.
Early Notables of the Rosenau family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rosenau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rosenau migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rosenau Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Rosenau, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1895
- Martha Rosenau, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Leo Rosenau, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1896
- Yulianna Rosenau, aged 23, who settled in America from Tarsitino, in 1898
Rosenau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- J.H. Rosenau, aged 45, who immigrated to America, in 1905
- Paula Rosenau, aged 20, who settled in America from Neustadt, Germany, in 1908
- Siegfried Rosenau, aged 25, who landed in America from Augsburg, Germany, in 1910
- Max Rosenau, aged 38, who landed in America from Frankfurt, Germany, in 1911
- Hugo Rosenau, aged 35, who immigrated to the United States from Frankfort, Germany, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rosenau (post 1700) +
- James N. Rosenau (1924-2011), American political scientist and international affairs scholar, President of the International Studies Association (1984 to 1985)
- Lorenz Scholz von Rosenau (1552-1599), German botanist and physician
- William Paul Rosenau (b. 1961), Canadian urban planner and landscape architect from Edmonton, Alberta, best known for his Whistler 2010 Olympic Games Athletes Village Master Plan
Related Stories +