Rosellini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rosellini family
The surname Rosellini was first found in Italy, where bearers of Rosellini were found since the Middle Ages in many areas of Italy, including Venetia, Emilia and the south. The spelling variations on the name which end in "o" are mostly from the south, whereas those that end in "i" are mostly from the north. The name Rosellini, like many Italian surnames began as a personal name long before it was adopted as a surname; the name means "rose."
Early History of the Rosellini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rosellini research. Another 140 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1320, 1345, 1475, 1584, 1604, 1607, 1656, 1615, 1673 and 1687 are included under the topic Early Rosellini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rosellini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rosa, De Rosa, Rosas, Rosi, Di Rosa, La Rosa, Larosa, Roselli, Rosellini, Rosiello, Rosetti, Rosettini, Rosettin, Rosina, Rosini, Rosin, Rosita, Rosoni, Rosone, Roson, Rosani, Rosano, Rosan, Rosanelli, Rosatto and many more.
Early Notables of the Rosellini family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rosellini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rosellini family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Giovanni Di Rosa and Pitata Rosa, who both arrived in New York January 7; 1881 aboard the SS Vincenzo Florio from Palermo, as well as Angleo DeRosa, who sailed on the Orsola, arriving in New York March 8.
Contemporary Notables of the name Rosellini (post 1700) +
- Hugh J. Rosellini (1909-1984), American lawyer, politician and jurist, Justice of the Washington Supreme Court (1955-1984), Member of the Washington House of Representatives (1939-1944)
- William Rosellini (b. 1979), American Med-tech entrepreneur and Neuroengineering researcher, Chairman, CEO of Nexeon MedSystems Inc
- Albert Dean Rosellini (1910-2011), American politician, Chair of the National Governors Association (1962-1963), 15th Governor of Washington (1957-1965)
- Niccola Francesco Ippolito Baldassarre Rosellini (1800-1843), Italian Egyptologist, regarded as the founder of Egyptology in Italy
- Ferdinando Pio Rosellini (1814-1872), Italian mathematician and botanist
Related Stories +