Early Origins of the Roselli family
The surname Roselli was first found in Italy, where bearers of Roselli were found since the Middle Ages in many areas of Italy, including Venetia, Emilia and the south. The spelling variations
on the name which end in "o" are mostly from the south, whereas those that end in "i" are mostly from the north. The name Roselli, like many Italian surnames began as a personal name
long before it was adopted as a surname; the name means "rose."
Early History of the Roselli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Roselli research.Another 279 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1320, 1345, 1475, 1584, 1604, 1607, 1656, 1615, 1673 and 1687 are included under the topic Early Roselli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Roselli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rosa, De Rosa, Rosas, Rosi, Di Rosa, La Rosa, Larosa, Roselli, Rosellini, Rosiello, Rosetti, Rosettini, Rosettin, Rosina, Rosini, Rosin, Rosita, Rosoni, Rosone, Roson, Rosani, Rosano, Rosan, Rosanelli, Rosatto and many more.
Early Notables of the Roselli family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Roselli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Roselli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Roselli Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- D Roselli, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Roselli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Roselli, aged 22, who landed in America from Guardio, Piemont, in 1906
- Antonio Roselli, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from Colomilla, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Roselli, aged 17, who landed in America from Machern, Italy, in 1909
- Andrea Roselli, aged 38, who landed in America from Sassofinato, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Roselli, aged 29, who landed in America from Cariziani, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Roselli (post 1700)
- Robert "Bob" Edward Roselli (1931-2009), American Major League Baseball catcher
- Michael John "Jimmy" Roselli (1925-2011), American pop singer
- Giovanni "John" Roselli (b. 1980), American professional wrestler and actor
- Fabio Roselli (b. 1983), Italian professional footballer
- Giorgio Roselli (b. 1957), Italian professional football coach and a former player
- Ezio Roselli (1896-1963), Italian gold medalist gymnast at the 1920 Summer Olympics