Origins Available: Italian
Early Origins of the Rosati family
The surname Rosati was first found in Italy, where bearers of Rosati were found since the Middle Ages in many areas of Italy, including Venetia, Emilia and the south. The spelling variations
on the name which end in "o" are mostly from the south, whereas those that end in "i" are mostly from the north. The name Rosati, like many Italian surnames began as a personal name
long before it was adopted as a surname; the name means "rose."
Early History of the Rosati family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rosati research.Another 279 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1320, 1345, 1475, 1584, 1604, 1607, 1656, 1615, 1673 and 1687 are included under the topic Early Rosati History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rosati Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rosa, De Rosa, Rosas, Rosi, Di Rosa, La Rosa, Larosa, Roselli, Rosellini, Rosiello, Rosetti, Rosettini, Rosettin, Rosina, Rosini, Rosin, Rosita, Rosoni, Rosone, Roson, Rosani, Rosano, Rosan, Rosanelli, Rosatto and many more.
Early Notables of the Rosati family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rosati Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rosati family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rosati Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Rosati, aged 23, who arrived in America from Guardiagrele, in 1903
- Angelo Rosati, aged 39, who arrived in America from Aequasanta, in 1906
- Anastadro Rosati, aged 31, who arrived in America from Montelibretti, Italy, in 1907
- Andrea Rosati, aged 23, who arrived in America from S. Benedetto, Viscoli, in 1908
- Adolfo Rosati, aged 26, who arrived in America from Montelibretto, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rosati (post 1700)
- Richie Rosati, American recording artist, songwriter, television host, and actor
- Allison Rosati, American news anchor for WMAQ-TV in Chicago
- James Rosati (1911-1988), American abstract sculptor; his works can be seen a the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Carnegie Museum of Art, Empire State Plaza, Whitney Museum of American Art and Yale University Art Gallery
- Joseph Rosati (1789-1843), Italian-born, American bishop of the Diocese of Saint Louis between 1826 and 1843
- Carlo Rosati (1876-1929), Italian mathematician who developed the Rosati involution
- Antonio Rosati (b. 1983), Italian football goalkeeper
- Alberto Rosati (1893-1971), Italian Orientalist painter, son of Giulio Rosati
- Giulio Rosati (1857-1917), Italian Orientalist and academic painter
- Mike Rosati (b. 1968), Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender
- Dariusz Rosati (b. 1946), Polish professor of economics and a politician, Member of the European Parliament for Warsaw (2004-2009)