Ronk History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Ronk lie in Pomerania. The name is derived from the Middle High German word "Runze," meaning "wrinkle," and was most likely originally bestowed on an older person as a nickname, eventually becoming a surname.
Early Origins of the Ronk family
The surname Ronk was first found in Pomerania, where it is thought to have first emerged. The earliest known bearer of the name was Conrad Runke, who was a resident of Rostock in 1288. The young Ronk family played a major role in the early history of the region, and contributed greatly to the development of Pomeranian society.
Early History of the Ronk family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ronk research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1765, 1834, 1814 and 1878 are included under the topic Early Ronk History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ronk Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Runke, Runk, Ronke, Ronk, Runck, Runcke, Ronck and many more.
Early Notables of the Ronk family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ronk Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Ronk is the 15,368th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Ronk migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ronk Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Ronk, aged 22, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
Ronk Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Regina Ronk, aged 30, who immigrated to America, in 1902
- Tadniga Ronk, aged 5, who landed in America, in 1902
- John Ronk, aged 44, who settled in America, in 1910
- Marie Ronk, aged 47, who immigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Phebe Ronk, who landed in America, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Ronk (post 1700) +
- Martha Clare Ronk (b. 1940), American poet
- Dave Van Ronk (1936-2002), American folk singer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)