Romanowski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Romanowski surname comes from the Russian version of the Latin given name Romanus, which was probably originally a name for someone from Rome. The name was extremely popular throughout Christian Europe, due to it being born by several early saints. Romanowski, or any variants of this name ending in "ov/ev" were Patronymic surnames created by adding the suffix to the personal name.
Early Origins of the Romanowski family
The surname Romanowski was first found in Russia, where the name originated in early times.
Early History of the Romanowski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Romanowski research. Another 254 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1613, 1918, 1543, 1613, 1629, 1689, 1725, 1666, 1750, 1722, 1203, 1269, 1207, 1211, 1221, 1231, 1231, 1269, 1586 and 1563 are included under the topic Early Romanowski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Romanowski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Romanov, Rominov, Rominov, Romanoff, Romanovich, Romanychev, Romin and many more.
Early Notables of the Romanowski family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Romanowski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Romanowski is the 13,937th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Romanowski migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Romanowski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alexander Romanowski, aged 29, who landed in America from Kalukszery, Russia, in 1906
- Anton Romanowski, aged 28, who immigrated to the United States from Beznecz, Russia, in 1908
- Abraham Romanowski, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States from Molczad, Russia, in 1909
- Agafia Romanowski, aged 26, who landed in America from Faleje, Russia, in 1910
- Anton Romanowski, aged 19, who settled in America from Ligarsotz, Russia, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Romanowski (post 1700) ||+|
- William Thomas "Bill" Romanowski (b. 1966), former American football player
- Edward Romanowski (1944-2007), Polish two-time silver medalist sprinter at the European Indoor Championships in 1967 and 1969
- Mieczyslaw Romanowski (1833-1863), Polish Romantic poet