Rodas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The noble Spanish surname Rodas is toponymic in origin, based on the name of the place where the initial bearer once resided or held land. The surname Rodas is taken directly from the Spanish word "rueda," derived from the Latin "rota," meaning literally "arched wood that forms a bow." The word in Catalan is "roda," also meaning "wheel."
Early Origins of the Rodas family
The surname Rodas was first found in the mountains of Burgos, in the northern regions of the Iberian peninsula. Early records of the name Rodas show that Francisco de Perellos, Carmalengo del Rey, was granted the noble title of Viscount of Rueda by Pedro IV de Aragon in 1366.
Early History of the Rodas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rodas research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1505 and 1565 are included under the topic Early Rodas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rodas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Roda, Rota, Roa, Ruedas and others.
Early Notables of the Rodas family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos nombres de familias se...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rodas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Rodas is the 7,131st most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Rodas migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rodas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Rodas, who landed in America in 1819 
- Alonso De Rodas, who landed in Peru in 1834 
- Juan De Rodas, who arrived in Peru in 1834 
Contemporary Notables of the name Rodas (post 1700) +
- Héctor Rodas Ramírez (b. 1988), Spanish professional footballer
- Roger Haroldo Rodas Melgar (1946-2020), Guatemalan economist, politician and diplomat, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Guatemala (2008-2012)
- Jackeline Fabiola Rodas Valladares (b. 1992), Guatemalan singer
- Gustavo Rodas (b. 1986), Argentine footballer
- Gerson Daniel Rodas Leiva (b. 1990), Honduran football midfielder
- Luis René Rodas Medina (b. 1985), Honduran football striker
- Julio Alberto Rodas Hurtarte (b. 1966), retired Guatemalan professional football striker
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)