Rocco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Rocco family
The surname Rocco was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Istanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Rocco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rocco research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1272, 1641, 1723, 1581 and 1651 are included under the topic Early Rocco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rocco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rocco, Ruocco, Rochi, Roci, Rochelli, Rocchetti, Roccchetto, Rocchini, Roccuzzo, Rocconi, Roccon, Roccardi, Roccato and many more.
Early Notables of the Rocco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rocco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rocco migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Rocco Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Rocco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Giovanni Rocco, who landed in Mississippi in 1872 
- Frank Rocco, who arrived in Mississippi in 1876 
- Frank Rocco who settled in Mississippi in 1876
- Giacomo Rocco who settled in Texas in 1880
- Giacomo Rocco, aged 41, who landed in Texas in 1880 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rocco (post 1700)
- Steve Rocco (b. 1960), American businessperson and skateboarder, co-founder of World Industries
- Pat Rocco, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Hawaii 2nd District, 2003
- Angelo La Rocco, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1964 
- Richard A. Della Rocco, American politician, First Selectman of Windsor, Connecticut, 1950 
- Pasquale Domenico Rocco (b. 1970), retired Italian professional footballer, he represented Italy at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Nereo Rocco (1912-1979), Italian football player and manager, one of the most successful head coaches in Italy
- Alex Rocco (1936-2015), born Alessandro Federico Petricone, Jr., an American Primetime Emmy Award winning actor, best known for his portrayal of Moe Greene in The Godfather
- Alfredo Rocco, Italian jurist, politician, and legal reformer, Italian justice minister from 1925-1932
- Mickey Rocco (1916-1997), American Major League Baseball first baseman who played for the Cleveland Indians (1943-1946)
- David Rocco, Canadian actor and producer, best known as the host of "David Rocco's Dolce Vita"
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html