Early Origins of the Rocchetto family
The surname Rocchetto was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Istanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Rocchetto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rocchetto research.Another 233 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1272, 1641, 1723, 1581 and 1651 are included under the topic Early Rocchetto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rocchetto Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rocco, Ruocco, Rochi, Roci, Rochelli, Rocchetti, Roccchetto, Rocchini, Roccuzzo, Rocconi, Roccon, Roccardi, Roccato and many more.
Early Notables of the Rocchetto family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 71 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rocchetto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Rocchetto family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Frank Rocco who settled in Mississippi in 1876; Giacomo Rocco who settled in Texas in 1880; Paniote Rocco who settled in Texas in 1890; and Antonio Rocco who arrived in New York City in 1893..