Ringel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ringel family
The surname Ringel was first found in Westphalia, where chronicles record them as early as the year 1000. There they were closely identified in the mediaeval period with the feudal society of the northern regions, and would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. Chronicles first mention Diderich Wrange of Cologne in Westphalia around the year 1135. Chronicles also mention Johann Wrangere of Hamburg as early as 1252.
Early History of the Ringel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ringel research. Another 265 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1000, 1100, 1277, 1474, 1560, 1587, 1613, 1643, 1653, 1676, 1680, 1740, 1784, 1805, 1848, 1864, 1877, and 1878 are included under the topic Early Ringel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ringel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wrangel, Wrangell, Wrangle, Wrang, Wrange, Wrana, Wrangen and many more.
Early Notables of the Ringel family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the name Ringel were members of the Wrangel military family who served in the Swedish, Russian, and Prussian forces. Friedrich Heinrich Wrangel (1784-1877) was a Prussian general field marshal...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ringel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ringel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ringel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joh Michael Ringel, who arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1751 
Ringel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinrich Ringel, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ringel (post 1700) +
- Eugene Ringel, American politician, Mayor of Chico, California, 1973-75 
- Charles Ringel, American politician, Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Derby, 1914 
- Julius Alfred "Papa" Ringel (1889-1967), Austrian-born German General of Mountain Troops, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Karl Ringel (b. 1932), German former international footballer
- Gerhard Ringel (1919-2008), German mathematician
- Erwin Ringel (1921-1994), Austrian psychiatrist and neurologist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html