Riling History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Riling family
The surname Riling was first found in Bavaria, where the name Riling was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Riling family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Riling research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1819 is included under the topic Early Riling History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Riling Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Riling, Rehling, Rehlen, Rehlingen, Relongue, Rehland, Rilling, Rilin and many more.
Early Notables of the Riling family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Riling Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Riling migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Riling Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Riling, who arrived in Indiana between the years 1854 and 1858
- Henry Riling, who was naturalized in Scott Co. Iowa in 1857
Riling Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Peter Riling, who landed in Chile in 1912 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Riling (post 1700) ||+|
- F. J. Riling, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 1908 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html