on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Riek was first found in Switzerland
, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local
social and political affairs.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reich, Reiche, Reichs, Reicher, Reick, Reicke, Reicker, Reichers, Rike, Ryke, Rycke, Reichle, Reichel, Riker and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Riek research. Another 317 words (23 lines of text) covering the years 1277, 1286, 1356, 1720, 1342, 1610, 1645, 1286, 1667, 1734, 1637, 1717 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Riek History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 151 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Riek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Riek Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Wm Riek, who landed in Ohio in 1826
- Anna Riek, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- Arend Riek, who landed in North America in 1832-1849
- Henrich Riek, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- Ludw Riek, who landed in North America in 1832-1849
- Gustav Riek (b. 1900), German archaeologist from the University of Tübingen who worked with the SS Ahnenerbe in their excavactions
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
The Riek Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Riek Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 May 2014 at 20:11.
on orders of $85 or more