From the historical and enchanting region of Spain
emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Reynoso family. The Reynoso surname is derived from the Latin "regis, " meaning "royal." The Spanish word "rey" means "king," while "reina" means "queen." Bearing this name does not necessarily imply royal ancestry however; as, when surnames first began to be used in Medieval Spain
, nicknames were often taken on as surnames.
Early Origins of the Reynoso family
The surname Reynoso was first found in Castile
, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Reynoso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reynoso research.Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1204, 1652, 1676 and 1892 are included under the topic Early Reynoso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reynoso Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Reyes, Rey, de Reyes, de los Reyes, del Rey, Reina, de la Reina, de Reina, Reinoso, de Reinoso, Reynoso, de Reynoso, Reinosa, de Reinosa, Reynosa, de Reynosa, Real, de Real and many more.
Early Notables of the Reynoso family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were sixteenth century Spanish theologian and Bible translator Casiodoro Reina; sixteenth century Spanish poet Rodrigo de Reinosa; sixteenth century Spanish writer Francisco de la Reina; seventeenth century Spanish poet and playwright Andrés Rey de Artieda; Juan de los Reyes (c1652 - 1676), a Spanish priest and was... Another 52 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Reynoso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Reynoso family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reynoso Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Nicolás de Reynoso, who sailed to Peru in 1553
Reynoso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nicolas De Reynoso, who arrived in Peru in 1853 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Contemporary Notables of the name Reynoso (post 1700)
- Cruz Reynoso (b. 1931), First Chicano person to serve on the California Supreme Court and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Mariana Berumen Reynoso (b. 1991), Mexican model and the 2011 Nuestra Belleza Mundo México titleholder
- Jorge Vinatea Reynoso (1900-1931), Peruvian painter
- Armando Martin Reynoso Gutierrez (b. 1966), Mexican former Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher
- Héctor Reynoso López (b. 1980), Mexican footballer
Reynoso Family Crest Products
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)