Rexrode History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancestral home of the ancient Rexrode family lies in the very heart of Central Germany, in the region of Thuringia. The name Rexrode is derived from "Rexerode," the name of a now-abandoned city in Thuringia. "Rexrode" is made up of two elements: the Latin "rex," meaning "king," and the Lower German "rod," meaning "marshland."
Early Origins of the Rexrode family
The surname Rexrode was first found in Thuringia, where the ancient city of Rexerode was located. It is likely that the progenitor of the surname was a native of Rexerode who had moved to another city, and was thus referred to by the name of his hometown. The young Rexrode family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of medieval Thuringian society.
Early History of the Rexrode family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rexrode research. Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1530 and 1742 are included under the topic Early Rexrode History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rexrode Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rexrodt, Rexrode, Rexroad, Rexroth, Reckrodt, Rexerode, Reckrode, Reckrodt, Reckroth and many more.
Early Notables of the Rexrode family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Rexrode Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rexrode migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rexrode Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sadie Rexrode, aged 29, who immigrated to America, in 1912
Contemporary Notables of the name Rexrode (post 1700) +
- Caroline Rexrode, American actress and assistant director, known for 247 (2013), The Night Is Young (2015) and Burn (2014)
- Reena Rexrode, American actress, known for Silent Night, Zombie Night (2009)
- Cmdr Timothy Rexrode, American former Naval Commander of the USS Missouri (SSN-780), a Virginia-class attack submarine
- Cecyle Osgood Rexrode, American producer
- Stanley J. Rexrode (b. 1883), American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Pocahontas County, 1935-36 
Related Stories +