on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Revilla family come from? What is the Spanish Revilla family crest and coat of arms? When did the Revilla family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Revilla family history?The noble Spanish surname Revilla is of toponymic origin, as it derives its origin from a particular place-name near which the original bearer lived or held land. Revilla is derived from the place-name Revilla, which is in turn a compound of the words "rey" meaning "king " and "villa" meaning "borough," literally "villa del rey" translated as "borough of the King."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Revilla, Revila, Reville, Revillas and others.
First found in the Castilian provinces of Huesca, Aragon and Santander.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Revilla research. Another 205 words (15 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Revilla History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Revilla Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Revilla Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- M Revilla, aged 30, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1837
- Eusibius Revilla, aged 42, landed in New Orleans, La in 1854
Revilla Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Julian Revilla, aged 18, who landed in America from Santander, Spain, in 1909
- Jose Revilla, aged 27, who settled in America from Osnago, Spain, in 1914
- Pidro Revilla, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Santander, Spain, in 1915
- Frederico G. Revilla, aged 26, who settled in America from Mexico City, Mexico, in 1915
- Jesus Revilla, aged 33, who emigrated to the United States from Santander, Spain, in 1916
- Miguel Ángel Revilla Roiz (b. 1943), Spanish President of the Autonomous Community of Cantabria
- Emiliano Revilla (1928-1988), Spanish industrialist and politician kidnapped by the Basque in 1988
- Luis "Lucho" Revilla (b. 1972), Bolivian politician
- Strike Bautista Revilla (b. 1970), born Edwin Mortel Bautista, incumbent mayor of Bacoor
- Ramon "Jolo" Revilla III (b. 1988), born Jose Lorenzo Hernandez Bautista, a Filipino actor
- Ramon Revilla Sr. (b. 1927), born Jose Acuña Bautista, a Filipino actor and former Senator of the Philippines
- Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. (b. 1966), born Jose Marie Mortel Bautista, a Filipino actor, politician and senator of the Republic of the Philippines
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
The Revilla Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Revilla Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 August 2012 at 08:24.
on orders of $85 or more