on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Irish Renehan family come from? What is the Irish Renehan family crest and coat of arms? When did the Renehan family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Renehan family history?The surname Renehan comes from the Irish O Reannachain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Renehan, Renahan, Ronaghan, Renegan, Renaghan and others.
First found in the ancient territory of Oriel, which was mostly comprised of modern day Armagh, Monaghan and Fermanagh.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Renehan research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1797 and 1857 are included under the topic Early Renehan History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Renehan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Renehan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Matthew Renehan, who settled in New York in 1840
- Matthew Renehan, who arrived in New York in 1840
- Edward Joseph Renehan Sr. (1893-1953), American banker, a supporter Irish independence, and a major benefactor of the American Irish
- Alois B. Renehan (1869-1928), American Democrat politician, Candidate for member New Mexico territorial council, 1896; Member of New Mexico State House of Representatives, 1915; Member of New Mexico State Senate; Elected 1924
- Doug Renehan, American author of children's books
- Edward J Renehan (b. 1956), American author of several biographies on American personalities
- Laurence F. Renehan (1797-1857), Irish Roman Catholic priest
- Woodham-Smith, Cecil. The Great Hunger Ireland 1845-1849. New York: Old Town Books, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-385-3).
- Hickey, D.J. and J.E. Doherty. A New Dictionary of Irish History form 1800 2nd Edition. Dublin: Gil & MacMillian, 2003. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Somerset Fry, Peter and Fiona Somerset Fry. A History of Ireland. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1993. Print. (ISBN 1-56619-215-3).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Kennedy, Patrick. Kennedy's Book of Arms. Canterbury: Achievements, 1967. Print.
- Grehan, Ida. Dictionary of Irish Family Names. Boulder: Roberts Rinehart, 1997. Print. (ISBN 1-57098-137-X).
The Renehan Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Renehan Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 January 2016 at 14:12.
on orders of $85 or more