on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Renehan family come from? What is the Irish Renehan family crest and coat of arms? When did the Renehan family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Renehan family history?The surname Renehan comes from the Irish O Reannachain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Renehan, Renahan, Ronaghan, Renegan, Renaghan and others.
First found in the ancient territory of Oriel, which was mostly comprised of modern day Armagh, Monaghan and Fermanagh.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Renehan research. Another 79 words(6 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1797 and 1857 are included under the topic Early Renehan History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words(5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Renehan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Renehan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Matthew Renehan, who settled in New York in 1840
- Matthew Renehan, who arrived in New York in 1840
- Edward J Renehan (b. 1956), American author of several biographies on American personalities
- Doug Renehan, American author of children's books
- Edward Joseph Renehan Sr. (1893-1953), American banker, a supporter Irish independence, and a major benefactor of the American Irish
- Laurence F. Renehan (1797-1857), Irish Roman Catholic priest
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- O'Hart, John. Irish Pedigress 5th Edition in 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0737-4).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Johnson, Daniel F. Irish Emigration to New England Through the Port of Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 1841-1849. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield, 1996. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
The Renehan Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Renehan Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 February 2014 at 13:38.
on orders of $85 or more