on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Renehan family come from? What is the Irish Renehan family crest and coat of arms? When did the Renehan family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Renehan family history?The surname Renehan comes from the Irish O Reannachain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Renehan, Renahan, Ronaghan, Renegan, Renaghan and others.
First found in the ancient territory of Oriel, which was mostly comprised of modern day Armagh, Monaghan and Fermanagh.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Renehan research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1797 and 1857 are included under the topic Early Renehan History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Renehan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Renehan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Matthew Renehan, who settled in New York in 1840
- Matthew Renehan, who arrived in New York in 1840
- Edward Joseph Renehan Sr. (1893-1953), American banker, a supporter Irish independence, and a major benefactor of the American Irish
- Doug Renehan, American author of children's books
- Edward J Renehan (b. 1956), American author of several biographies on American personalities
- Laurence F. Renehan (1797-1857), Irish Roman Catholic priest
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Bell, Robert. The Book of Ulster Surnames. Belfast: Blackstaff, 1988. Print. (ISBN 10-0856404160).
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- MacLysaght, Edward. Mores Irish Familes. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1982. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-0126-0).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Kennedy, Patrick. Kennedy's Book of Arms. Canterbury: Achievements, 1967. Print.
The Renehan Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Renehan Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 February 2014 at 13:38.
on orders of $85 or more