Reinert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Bavaria, Germany is the original homeland of the Reinert family. Reinert is a patronymic name, a type of surname that derived from the given name of the father of the original bearer. Reinert was derived from the Old Germanic personal name Raginhari, which is composed of the Old German elements ragin, which means counsel, and hard, which means hardy.
Early Origins of the Reinert family
The surname Reinert was first found in Bavaria, where the name became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied and enrolled by the princes of the region. Chronicles first mention Reinerus Reynberti of Rostolk around 1280. The Latin "Renerus" also became "Reinher" from which "Reinhard" was formed. In their later history the Reiners became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Reinert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reinert research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1728, 1606, 1647 and 1728 are included under the topic Early Reinert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reinert Spelling Variations
Many cultural groups lived in the German states in medieval times. Each had its own dialect and traditions, and unique variations of popular names. Low German, which is similar to contemporary Dutch, was spoken in Westphalia. German names are characterized by additions such as regional suffixes and phrases that tell something about the origin or background of its original bearer. Further contributing to the variation in German names was the fact that there were no spelling rules in medieval times: scribes recorded names according to their sound. The recorded spelling variations of Reinert include Reiner, Reine, Reinere, Rhiner, Reiners, Rainer, Rainers, Rainert, Rainere, Renerus (Latin) and many more.
Early Notables of the Reinert family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the name Reinert in this period include Vincentio (Vincenzio, Vincenzo) Reinieri (Renieri, Reiner) (1606-1647), an Italian mathematician and astronomer, close friend and disciple of...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Reinert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reinert migration to the United States +
The great European flow of migration to North America, which began in the middle of the 17th century and continued into the 20th century, was particularly attractive to those from Bavaria who wished to escape either poverty or religious persecution. For many Bavarian tenant farmers, the chance to own their own land was a major incentive. So the widespread colonization of the United States began in 1650, when many immigrants from Germany settled in pockets in Pennsylvania, Texas, New York, Illinois, and California. In Canada, German settlement centered in Ontario and the prairie Among those of this surname listed in various historical records were:
Reinert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mary Elizabeth Reinert, who arrived in America in 1750 
Reinert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Reinert, who landed in North America in 1818 
- Friedrich Reinert, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851 
- Nicolas Reinert, aged 24, who landed in New York in 1853 
- Henry Reinert, aged 36, who arrived in New York in 1853 
- Anna Reinert, aged 25, who arrived in New York in 1853 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Reinert (post 1700) +
- Sean Reinert (1971-2020), American musician, songwriter and drummer of Æon Spoke
- Paul Clare Reinert (1910-2001), American president of Saint Louis University
- Al Reinert, American film director, screenwriter and producer
- Roger Jonathon Reinert (b. 1970), American Minnesota politician
- T. J. Reinert, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Wisconsin 9th District, 1924 
- Jeff Reinert, American politician, Mayor of Lino Lakes, Minnesota; Elected 2011 
- E. S. Reinert, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Washington 3rd District, 1908 
- Ernst-Wilhelm Reinert, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 174 aerial victories, awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Sebastian Reinert (b. 1987), German footballer
- Robert Reinert (1872-1928), German film director and novelist
- ... (Another 4 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html