Reichl History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Reichl family
The surname Reichl was first found in Switzerland, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation, and would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Reichl family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reichl research. Another 159 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1277, 1286, 1356, 1720, 1342, 1610, 1645, 1286, 1667, 1734, 1637, 1717, 1720, 1635, 1697, 1635 and 1697 are included under the topic Early Reichl History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reichl Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reich, Reiche, Reichs, Reicher, Reick, Reicke, Reicker, Reichers, Rike, Ryke, Rycke, Reichle, Reichel, Riker and many more.
Early Notables of the Reichl family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Reichl were Petrus Reich von Reichenstein, who was the Bishop of Basel in 1286. Gottfried Reiche (1667-1734), was German trumpet player and composer of the Baroque era, Johann Sebastian Bach's chief trumpeter. Julius Reichelt (1637-1717), was a German mathematician and astronomer who may have set up the first observatory in the city of Strasbourg. The...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Reichl Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reichl migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reichl Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adolph Reichl, aged 43, who arrived in America, in 1893
- Anna Reichl, aged 20, who arrived in America, in 1895
Reichl Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franz Reichl, aged 24, who arrived in America, in 1902
- Georg Reichl, aged 26, who arrived in America from Veirdorf, Austria, in 1903
- Franz Reichl, aged 26, who arrived in America from Kortvelyes, Hungary, in 1908
- Anna Reichl, aged 22, who arrived in America from Kempten, Germany, in 1908
- Johann Reichl, aged 24, who arrived in America from Lembach, Hungary, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Reichl (post 1700) +
- Ruth Reichl (b. 1948), American food writer, co-producer of PBS's Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
Related Stories +