Reetz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Reetz family
The surname Reetz was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Gelderland, (Guelders) an ancient province surrounding the town of Gelder. To the south of Friesland this province was originally in two parts north and south of the Rhine. In addition, the province is sub-divided into four towns, or quarters, Nijmegan, Arnhem, Zutphen and Roermond, each having unique rights and customs. Apeldoorn is a city of note. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Reetz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Reetz research.Another 273 words (20 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Reetz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Reetz Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rietstap, Reetstap, Rietstapp, Rietstappe, Rietsstap, Rietstapes, Rietstappes, Reitstap and many more.
Early Notables of the Reetz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Reetz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Reetz family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Reetz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Reetz, who arrived in Cayenne in 1764
Reetz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caroline Reetz, who settled in New York, NY in 1866
- Ernst Wilhelm Reetz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1868
- Emilie Reetz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1868
- Christian Reetz, who settled in New York, NY in 1868
- A. Reetz, who arrived in Baltimore in 1874
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Reetz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Fritz Kurt Reetz, who settled in Illinois in 1954
Contemporary Notables of the name Reetz (post 1700)
- L. F. Reetz, American politician, Mayor of Belmont, California, 1952 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Wilhelm "Willy" Reetz (1892-1963), German painter
Reetz Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html