on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Irish
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Redman Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Redman settled in Barbados in 1635
- William Redman settled in Virginia in 1636
- Mary Redman settled in Virginia with her husband in 1652
- Peter Redman, who arrived in Virginia in 1658
- Thomas Redman, who landed in Virginia in 1664
Redman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- George Redman, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1746
- Hans Redman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Patrick Redman, aged 24, landed in Pennsylvania in 1775
Redman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Timothy Redman, who arrived in America in 1809
- Mathew Redman, who landed in Charleston, South Carolina in 1820
- Andrew Redman, aged 21, landed in America in 1822
- Joshua Redman, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1841
- James Redman, who arrived in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 1844
Redman Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Michael Redman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1749
- Amos Redman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1750
- Mary Redman, who arrived in Nova Scotia in 1750
Redman Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Jonah Redman, English convict from Gloucester, who was transported aboard the "Asia" on July 29th, 1823, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- Frederick Redman, English convict from London, who was transported aboard the "Anna Maria" on March 6, 1848, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
Redman Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Charles Redman arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Maraval" in 1880
- Isaac Redman (b. 1984), American NFL football running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Michele Redman (b. 1965), American professional LPGA golfer
- Joshua Redman (b. 1969), American jazz saxophonist and composer
- Jamie Redman (b. 1986), American two-time gold and silver medalist rower
- Dr. John Redman (1722-1808), American first president of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Donald Matthew Redman (1900-1964), American jazz musician, arranger, bandleader and composer
- Edith B. Redman, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Presidential Elector for Michigan, 1964, 1968
- Charles Edgar Redman (b. 1943), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Sweden, 1989-92; Germany, 1994
- Charles E. Redman, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 1936
- Charles E. Redman, American politician, Burgess of Glassport, Pennsylvania, 1927
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
The Redman Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Redman Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 January 2015 at 12:49.
on orders of $85 or more