on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: French, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Real family come from? What is the Spanish Real family crest and coat of arms? When did the Real family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Real family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Real family. The Real surname is derived from the Latin "regis, " meaning "royal." The Spanish word "rey" means "king," while "reina" means "queen." Bearing this name does not necessarily imply royal ancestry however; as, when surnames first began to be used in Medieval Spain, nicknames were often taken on as surnames.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Reyes, Rey, de Reyes, de los Reyes, del Rey, Reina, de la Reina, de Reina, Reinoso, de Reinoso, Reynoso, de Reynoso, Reinosa, de Reinosa, Reynosa, de Reynosa, Real, de Real and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Real research. Another 209 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1204, 1652, 1676 and 1892 are included under the topic Early Real History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 197 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Real Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Esteban Real, who sailed to America in 1511
- Bartolomé de Real sailed to America in 1516
- Bartolomé de Real sailed to Río de la Plata in 1535
Real Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- George Real, who arrived in North Carolina in 1763
Real Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Esteban Real, who landed in America in 1811
- Bartolome De Real, who arrived in America in 1816
- Comte Real, who landed in New York in 1819
- Peter Francis Real, who landed in New York in 1825
- Catherine Real, aged 18, landed in New York in 1854
Real Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Patrick Real, aged 27, a farmer, arrived in Saint John, NB in 1834 aboard the brig "Levant Star" from Cork
Real Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Honora Real, aged 22, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Zealandia" in 1879
- Mary Real, aged 23, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Zealandia" in 1879
- Manuel Lawrence Real (b. 1924), American Democrat politician, U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California, 1965-66; U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of California, 1966-90
- Frank A. Real, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Nebraska, 1936
- Charles W. Real, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from California, 1944
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Real Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Real Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2015 at 11:15.
on orders of $85 or more