on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Rauscher family come from? What is the German Rauscher family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rauscher family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rauscher family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rausch, Rauscher, Rausche, Rauschert, Rusch, Rusche, Ruschle, Ruscher, Raush and many more.
First found in Austria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rauscher research. Another 280 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1342, 1523, 1539, and 1808 are included under the topic Early Rauscher History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 33 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rauscher Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rauscher Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Rauscher, who sailed to New York in 1709
- Martin Rauscher, who landed in New York, NY in 1710-1714
- Barbara Rauscher, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Nicklaus Rauscher, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1768
Rauscher Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sybille Lauter Rauscher, who arrived in America in 1846
- Sebastian Rauscher, aged 7, landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Anna Maria Rauscher, aged 5, landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Catherina Rauscher, aged 3, landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Johan Rauscher, aged 29, arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Othmar Rauscher (1797-1875), Prince-Archbishop of Vienna, who was made a Cardinal in 1857
- Andreas Rauscher (b. 1978), Austrian professional association football player
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Rauscher Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rauscher Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 December 2013 at 22:06.
on orders of $85 or more