on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Jewish Rathmann family come from? What is the Jewish Rathmann family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rathmann family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rathmann family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rathmann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elis Rathmann, who arrived in America in 1844
- J W Rathmann, aged 31, landed in New York in 1849
- Wm Rathmann, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906
- Val Rathmann, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
- John H Rathmann, aged 17, arrived in America in 1882
- Royal Richard "Jim" Rathmann (1928-2011), American race car driver who won the Indianapolis 500 in 1960, inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America
- George Blatz Rathmann (b. 1927), American chemist, biologist, pioneer in biotechnology who co-founded and served as the first CEO of Amgen, and later founded ICOS
- James "Dick" Rathmann (1924-2000), American racecar driver, inducted into the West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame, brother of Jim Rathmann
- Margaret Crosby "Peggy" Rathmann (b. 1953), American writer and illustrator best known for children's picture books
- Oswald Rathmann (b. 1891), German road racing cyclist at the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
The Rathmann Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rathmann Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2015 at 14:16.
on orders of $85 or more