Raso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Raso may be derived form the Italian word "raso," meaning "level," or "smooth, " in which case, it may have been a nickname for someone with close-cropped hair; or it may have derived from another Italian word "raso," which meant "satin;" in which case it was likely an occupational name for a someone who made or traded in clothing or cloth.
Early Origins of the Raso family
The surname Raso was first found in the city of Milan.
Early History of the Raso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Raso research. Another 57 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1573, 1574, and 1621 are included under the topic Early Raso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Raso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Raso, Rasi, Rasini, Rasetti, Rasoni, Rasotto, Rasotti, Rasetto, Rasetta, Rasino, Rasone and many more.
Early Notables of the Raso family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Francesco Rasi (1574-1621) was a 16th century singer and composer and worked at the Court of Mantua for 20...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Raso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Raso migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Raso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Aristodemo Raso, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York on May 19, 1893, aboard the "Alesia"
- Giorlamo Raso, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York on Feb 02, 1894, aboard the "Britannia"
- Antonio Raso, aged 16, who settled in America, in 1897
Raso Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ant. Fedele Raso, aged 44, who landed in America from S. Biase, Italy, in 1902
- Peter Raso, who landed in Arkansas in 1905 
- Antonino Raso, aged 42, who immigrated to the United States from Cittanova, Italy, in 1911
- Annunziato Raso, aged 33, who immigrated to America from Sambiase, Catanzara, Italy, in 1911
- Angelo Raso, aged 21, who settled in America from Sambiase, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Raso (post 1700) +
- Angelo Raso (b. 1981), Italian football defender
- Chiara Raso (b. 1981), Italian ski mountaineer
- Marko Raso (b. 1989), Croatian football player
- Frank Raso (b. 1979), former Australian rules football player
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)