Rasmusson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished German surname Rasmusson is derived from the Greek term "erasmos," meaning "loved," and was initially used as a personal name. It was most likely originally borne as a surname by the son of someone named Rasmusson or a variation of it.
Early Origins of the Rasmusson family
The surname Rasmusson was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in the early period of history with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout Europe. The name was first seated in Frankfort from about the 14th century, and would later emerge as an influential noble family, having many distinguished branches, and well known for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Rasmusson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rasmusson research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1466, 1536, and 1722 are included under the topic Early Rasmusson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rasmusson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rasmusson, Rasmus, Asmus, Eras, Rasem, Asam, Asum, Rassmann, Assmann, Raes, Raskin, Rasmussen, Asmussen, Asmusson, Erasmi, Erasmus, Ausmus, Assman and many more.
Early Notables of the Rasmusson family (pre 1700)
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rasmusson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rasmusson migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasmusson Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Hans Peter Rasmusson, who arrived in Mississippi in 1903 
Contemporary Notables of the name Rasmusson (post 1700) +
- Hal Rasmusson (1900-1962), American cartoonist best known for the comic strip Aggie Mack which ran for 26 years
- Kerstin Birgitta Rasmusson (1939-2021), Swedish television personality, baker and author of several cookbooks, some focused on cakes
- Roland Rasmusson, Swedish former football forward
Historic Events for the Rasmusson family +
- Mr. George Vernon Rasmusson, American Fireman Third Class from Minnesota, USA working aboard the ship "USS Arizona" when she sunk during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7th December 1941, he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Pearl Harbour: USS Arizona Casualties List Pearl Harbour December 7, 1941. (Retrieved 2018, July 31st). Retrieved from http://pearl-harbor.com/arizona/casualtylist.html