Rask History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Rask was derived from one of several place names in the German empire, such as Rasch near Nuremberg or Raschau in Saxony. The surname most likely emerged independently in several different kingdoms before it began to branch to still more regions.
Early Origins of the Rask family
The surname Rask was first found in Pomerania, where the name could be considered to have made a great early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. Chronicles first mention Johann Rasche of Stralsund, Pomerania, in 1277, Ruel Rascher of Frankfurt in 1300, and Cunrath Rasch of Allgae, Pomerania in 1361. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the tribal and national conflicts at a time when groups sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Rask family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rask research. Another 161 words (12 lines of text) covering the year 1645 is included under the topic Early Rask History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rask Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rasch, Raasch, Rasche, Raschers, Raschig and many more.
Early Notables of the Rask family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rask Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rask migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rask Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A. P. Rask, aged 15, who immigrated to the United States, in 1895
Rask Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Amanda Rask, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1905
- Andreas Rask, who immigrated to the United States from Antwerp, in 1919
- Anders Rask, aged 25, who immigrated to America, in 1922
- Andreas Rask, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Rask (post 1700) +
- Svend Aage Rask (b. 1935), Danish footballer
- Ola Rask (b. 1940), Swedish social democratic politician
- Joonas Rask (b. 1990), Finnish professional ice hockey forward
- Margrethe P. Rask (1930-1977), Danish physician and surgeon
- Anne-Helene Rask (b. 1980), Norwegian model
- Mikkel Rask (b. 1983), Danish professional football defender
- Tuukka Rask (b. 1987), Finnish professional ice hockey goaltender
- Rasmus Christian Rask (1787-1832), Danish philologist
Historic Events for the Rask family +
- Mr. Peter O Rask (1863-1914), Canadian Third Class Passenger from Broadview, Saskatchewan, Canada who survived the sinking on the Empress of Ireland 
Related Stories +