Rasche History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Rasche was derived from one of several place names in the German empire, such as Rasch near Nuremberg or Raschau in Saxony. The surname most likely emerged independently in several different kingdoms before it began to branch to still more regions.
Early Origins of the Rasche family
The surname Rasche was first found in Pomerania, where the name could be considered to have made a great early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of modern Europe. Chronicles first mention Johann Rasche of Stralsund, Pomerania, in 1277, Ruel Rascher of Frankfurt in 1300, and Cunrath Rasch of Allgae, Pomerania in 1361. The name became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the tribal and national conflicts at a time when groups sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Rasche family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rasche research. Another 161 words (12 lines of text) covering the year 1645 is included under the topic Early Rasche History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rasche Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rasch, Raasch, Rasche, Raschers, Raschig and many more.
Early Notables of the Rasche family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rasche Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Rasche migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rasche Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinrich Rasche, who landed in Ohio in 1869 
- Wilhelm Rasche, aged 39, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1893 
- Anna Rasche, aged 18, who arrived in America, in 1893
- Magdalana Rasche, aged 37, who arrived in America from Albona, in 1898
Rasche Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Wilhelm Rasche, aged 23, who arrived in America from Otthenhagen, Germany, in 1907
- Otto Rasche, aged 31, who arrived in America from Berlin, Germany, in 1909
- Albert Rasche, aged 36, who arrived in America from Minden, Germany, in 1909
- Dirchka Rasche, aged 17, who arrived in America from Ostroma, Russia, in 1909
- Emil Rasche, aged 39, who arrived in America from Schaibach, Austria, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Rasche (post 1700) +
- David Rasche (b. 1944), American theater, film and television actor, best known for his his starring role in the 1980s satirical police sitcom Sledge Hammer!
- Thea Rasche (1899-1971), Germany's first woman pilot who had a failed attempt to cross the Atlantic ocean in 1928
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)