100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English
The surname Ranger was first found in Champagne
, where the family was established in Rangecourt, a village in the department of Haute-Marne, in the district of Chaumont.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Range, Ranger, Rangier, Rangeon, Rangot, Ranjon, Rangeard and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ranger research. Another 176 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1035, 1110, 1692, and 1726 are included under the topic Early Ranger History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Ranger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Ranger, who came to Barbados in 1656
- Philip Ranger, who arrived in Barbados in 1664
- Edmund Ranger, who landed in Massachusetts in 1671
- Edmund Ranger, who came to Massachusetts in 1671
- James Ranger, who arrived in Virginia in 1688
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomison Ranger, who landed in Virginia in 1701
- Job Ranger, a bonded emigrant who settled in Virginia in 1744
- Isabella Ranger, who was deported to America in 1766
- Luke Ranger, who came to Maryland in 1768
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Ranger, aged 16, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1844
- Joh Garb Rudolph ranger, who landed in America in 1845
Ranger Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Robert Ranger, who married Anne Girardin in Lachine, Quebec in 1686
- Pierre Ranger, who married Marguerite Fortin in Quebec City in 1692
Ranger Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Pierre Ranger, who married Anne-Geneviève in Bout-de-l'Ile, Quebec in 1723
- Joseph Ranger, who married Thérèse-Catherine Lamoureux in Bout-de-l'Ile, Quebec in 1749
- François Ranger, who married Marie-Thérèse Lamoureux in Terrebonne, Quebec in 1751
- Gabriel Ranger, who married Marie Archange Rousseau in Soulanges, Quebec in 1765
- Mr. Tartolus Ranger U.E. who settled in Belle Vue, Beaver Harbour, Charlotte County, New Brunswick c. 1783
Ranger Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- George Ranger, English convict from Wiltshire, who was transported aboard the "Adelaide" on August 08, 1849, settling in Van Diemen's Land and Port Phillip, Australia
Ranger Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- James Ranger, aged 30, a farmer, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Ann Ranger, aged 26, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Henry Ranger, aged 2, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Charlotte Ranger, aged 8 months, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Robert Ranger, aged 34, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Howrah" in 1874
- Richard Howland Ranger (1899-1962), American electrical engineer and inventor, who an Oscar in 1956 for his work in the synchronization of film and sound
- Jean-Louis Ranger, French paymaster, Bussière-Poitevine
- Mr. Thomas G. Ranger, aged 29, English Fireman/Stoker from Southampton, Hampshire who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and survived the sinking escaping on life boat 1
- Paul Ranger (b. 1984), Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman
- Rene Ranger (b. 1986), rugby union player from New Zealand
- Nilos "Nile" Ranger (b. 1991), English footballer
- Andrew Ranger (b. 1986), Canadian racing driver driving in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series
- Louis D Ranger, Canadian Professor of Music at the University of Victoria, Canada
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Ranger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ranger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 May 2016 at 07:45.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!