on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Ranger family come from? What is the French Ranger family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ranger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ranger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Range, Ranger, Rangier, Rangeon, Rangot, Ranjon, Rangeard and many more.
First found in Champagne, where the family was established in Rangecourt, a village in the department of Haute-Marne, in the district of Chaumont.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ranger research. Another 176 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1035, 1110, 1692, and 1726 are included under the topic Early Ranger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ranger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Thomas Ranger, who came to Barbados in 1656
- Philip Ranger, who arrived in Barbados in 1664
- Edmund Ranger, who landed in Massachusetts in 1671
- Edmund Ranger, who came to Massachusetts in 1671
- James Ranger, who arrived in Virginia in 1688
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomison Ranger, who landed in Virginia in 1701
- Job Ranger, a bonded emigrant who settled in Virginia in 1744
- Isabella Ranger, who was deported to America in 1766
- Luke Ranger, who came to Maryland in 1768
Ranger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Ranger, aged 16, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1844
- Joh Garb Rudolph ranger, who landed in America in 1845
Ranger Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Robert Ranger, who married Anne Girardin in Lachine, Quebec in 1686
- Pierre Ranger, who married Marguerite Fortin in Quebec City in 1692
Ranger Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Pierre Ranger, who married Anne-Geneviève in Bout-de-l'Ile, Quebec in 1723
- Joseph Ranger, who married Thérèse-Catherine Lamoureux in Bout-de-l'Ile, Quebec in 1749
- François Ranger, who married Marie-Thérèse Lamoureux in Terrebonne, Quebec in 1751
- Gabriel Ranger, who married Marie Archange Rousseau in Soulanges, Quebec in 1765
Ranger Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- George Ranger, English convict from Wiltshire, who was transported aboard the "Adelaide" on August 08, 1849, settling in Van Diemen's Land and Port Phillip, Australia
Ranger Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- James Ranger, aged 30, a farmer, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Ann Ranger, aged 26, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Henry Ranger, aged 2, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Charlotte Ranger, aged 8 months, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "Sir Charles Forbes" in 1842
- Robert Ranger, aged 34, a labourer, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Howrah" in 1874
- Richard Howland Ranger (1899-1962), American electrical engineer and inventor, who an Oscar in 1956 for his work in the synchronization of film and sound
- Jean-Louis Ranger, French paymaster, Bussière-Poitevine
- Louis D Ranger, Canadian Professor of Music at the University of Victoria, Canada
- Andrew Ranger (b. 1986), Canadian racing driver driving in the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series
- Nilos "Nile" Ranger (b. 1991), English footballer
- Rene Ranger (b. 1986), rugby union player from New Zealand
- Paul Ranger (b. 1984), Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman
- Mr. Thomas G. Ranger, aged 29, English Fireman/Stoker from Southampton, Hampshire who worked aboard the RMS Titanic and survived the sinking escaping on life boat 1
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Ranger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ranger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 January 2015 at 16:23.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more