on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Range was first found in Champagne
, where the family was established in Rangecourt, a village in the department of Haute-Marne, in the district of Chaumont.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Range, Ranger, Rangier, Rangeon, Rangot, Ranjon, Rangeard and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Range research. Another 176 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1035, 1110, 1692, and 1726 are included under the topic Early Range History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Range Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Range Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Range, who landed in Virginia in 1653
- Elizabeth Range, who arrived in Maryland in 1665
Range Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Range, who arrived in New York in 1709
- Bernhard Range, who landed in New York, NY in 1782
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Range Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Range Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 August 2015 at 12:26.
on orders of $85 or more