on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Rahm family come from? What is the German Rahm family crest and coat of arms? When did the Rahm family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Rahm family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rahn, Raphan, Rahon, Raphan and others.
First found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region. The nobility of the name were also held in Denmark.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Rahm research. Another 117 words(8 lines of text) covering the years 1622 and 1676 are included under the topic Early Rahm History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Rahm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Rahm Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Konradt Rahm, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741
- Kasper Rahm, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1744
- Barbara Rahm, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Elisabeth Rahm, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1748
- Johan Heinrich Rahm, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Rahm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Rahm, who arrived in Texas in 1844
- William Rahm, who landed in Indiana in 1850
- Adam Rahm, who arrived in Texas in 1851
- Kevin Rahm (b. 1971), American actor, best known for his role as Kyle McCarty on Judging Amy
- John B. Rahm (1854-1935), American bronze medalist golfer at the 1904 Summer Olympics
- Philippe Rahm (b. 1967), Swiss architect, founder of Philippe Rahm Architects, Paris, France
- Lennie Arne Robin Rahm (b. 1986), Swedish professional ice hockey goaltender
- Christina Rahm (1760-1837), Swedish operatic singer and a dramatic actress
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
The Rahm Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Rahm Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 November 2012 at 11:32.
on orders of $85 or more