on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Radin was first found in Roxburghshire
, where they held a family seat
from early times and their first records appeared on the census rolls taken by the ancient Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Redden, Reddan, Reddin and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radin research. Another 174 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1160 and 1250 are included under the topic Early Radin History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Radin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Radin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1761
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761
Radin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kitty Radin, who arrived in New York in 1853
- Moses Radin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1869
- Abraham Radin, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1889
Radin Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Timothy Radin, who came to Ontario in 1871
- Gary Radin (b. 1969), American designer, author, and philanthropist
- Paul Radin (1883-1959), American cultural anthropologist and folklorist
- Margaret Jane Radin (b. 1941), American legal academic
- Joshua Radin (b. 1974), American recording artist, songwriter, and actor
- Dean Radin (b. 1952), American researcher and author in the field of parapsychology
- Royal S. Radin, American politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 19th District, 1954
- Max Radin (1880-1950), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1940
- Mary Elizabeth Radin, American politician, Socialist Workers Candidate for Presidential Elector for West Virginia, 1984; Socialist Workers Candidate for U.S. Senator from West Virginia, 1984
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
The Radin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Radin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 November 2015 at 11:22.
on orders of $85 or more