on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Radin family come from? What is the Scottish Radin family crest and coat of arms? When did the Radin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Radin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Redden, Reddan, Reddin and others.
First found in Roxburghshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the census rolls taken by the ancient Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radin research. Another 174 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1160 and 1250 are included under the topic Early Radin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Radin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Radin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1761
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761
Radin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kitty Radin, who arrived in New York in 1853
- Moses Radin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1869
- Abraham Radin, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1889
Radin Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Timothy Radin, who came to Ontario in 1871
- Dean Radin (b. 1952), American researcher and author in the field of parapsychology
- Joshua Radin (b. 1974), American recording artist, songwriter, and actor
- Margaret Jane Radin (b. 1941), American legal academic
- Paul Radin (1883-1959), American cultural anthropologist and folklorist
- Gary Radin (b. 1969), American designer, author, and philanthropist
- Donaldson, Gordon and Robert S. Morpeth. Who's Who In Scotish History. Wales: Welsh Academic Press, 1996. Print. (ISBN 186057-0054).
- Bain, Robert. The Clans and Tartans of Scotland. Glasgow & London: Collins, 1968. Print. (ISBN 000411117-6).
- Browne, James. The History of Scotland it's Highlands, Regiments and Clans 8 Volumes. Edinburgh: Francis A Niccolls & Co, 1909. Print.
- Urquhart, Blair Edition. Tartans The New Compact Study Guide and Identifier. Secauccus, NJ: Chartwell Books, 1994. Print. (ISBN 0-7858-0050-6).
- Paul, Sir James Balfour. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and Bearings in Scotland Second Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1903. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Bloxham, Ben. Key to Parochial Registers of Scotland From Earliest Times Through 1854 2nd edition. Provo, UT: Stevenson's Genealogical Center, 1979. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Scarlett, James D. Tartan The Highland Textile. London: Shepheard-Walwyn, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0-85683-120-4).
The Radin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Radin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 May 2011 at 09:23.
on orders of $85 or more