on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Scottish Radin family come from? What is the Scottish Radin family crest and coat of arms? When did the Radin family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Radin family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Redden, Reddan, Reddin and others.
First found in Roxburghshire, where they held a family seat from early times and their first records appeared on the census rolls taken by the ancient Kings of Britain to determine the rate of taxation of their subjects.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radin research. Another 174 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1160 and 1250 are included under the topic Early Radin History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Radin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Radin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1761
- John Henry Radin, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761
Radin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kitty Radin, who arrived in New York in 1853
- Moses Radin, who arrived in New York, NY in 1869
- Abraham Radin, who came to Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1889
Radin Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Timothy Radin, who came to Ontario in 1871
- Dean Radin (b. 1952), American researcher and author in the field of parapsychology
- Joshua Radin (b. 1974), American recording artist, songwriter, and actor
- Margaret Jane Radin (b. 1941), American legal academic
- Paul Radin (1883-1959), American cultural anthropologist and folklorist
- Gary Radin (b. 1969), American designer, author, and philanthropist
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Martine, Roddy, Roderick Martine and Don Pottinger. Scottish Clan and Family Names Their Arms, Origins and Tartans. Edinburgh: Mainstream, 1992. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bell, Robert. The Book of Ulster Surnames. Belfast: Blackstaff, 1988. Print. (ISBN 10-0856404160).
- Adam, Frank. Clans Septs and Regiments of the Scottish Highlands 8th Edition. London: Bacon (G.W.) & Co, 1970. Print. (ISBN 10-0717945006).
- Skene, William Forbes Edition. Chronicles of the Picts, Chronicles of the Scots and Other Early Memorials of Scottish History. Edinburgh: H.M. General Register House, 1867. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Radin Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Radin Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 May 2011 at 09:23.
on orders of $85 or more