Radabaugh History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Radabaugh lie in the northern province of Schleswig-Holstein. The name is derived from "Rodenbach," the name of several places in Germany, which is itself derived from the Old High German "roden," meaning "to clear," and "bach," meaning "stream." It is likely that the progenitor of the surname was a native of the town of Rodenbach who had moved to another city and was therefore referred to as "Radabaugh."
Early Origins of the Radabaugh family
The surname Radabaugh was first found in Schleswig-Holstein, where the name was most common, particularly in the city of Hamburg. The earliest known bearer of the name was Herman Rodenbeke, who was a resident of the city of Greifswald in 1330. The young Radabaugh family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of the medieval society of Schleswig-Holstein.
Early History of the Radabaugh family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Radabaugh research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1330, 1633, 1786, and 1869 are included under the topic Early Radabaugh History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Radabaugh Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rodebach, Radabaugh, Rodebaugh, Rodenbaugh, Rodenbach and many more.
Early Notables of the Radabaugh family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Radabaugh Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Radabaugh is the 16,038th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Radabaugh family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johann Peter Rodebach, who emigrated from the Palatinate to Philadelphia in 1752; Jacob Radaback, who settled in Philadelphia in 1754; George Rodebach, who was naturalized in Pennsylvania in 1762.
Contemporary Notables of the name Radabaugh (post 1700) +
- Gregory C. Radabaugh, American Director, Joint Information Operations Warfare Center (JIOWC), Chairman's Controlled Activity (CCA) at Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
- LeRoy Melvin Radabaugh (1910-1960), birth name of Richard Cromwell, an American actor, husband of Angela Lansbury (1945-1946)
- Robert Eugene Radabaugh (b. 1913), American geologist
- Rudolph Charles Radabaugh (b. 1890), American Republican politician, Minnesota Republican State Chair, 1938-44 
- Maxine Radabaugh, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 1972 
- B. C. Radabaugh, American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Upshur County, 1925-26, 1929-30 
Related Stories +