Preis History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Preis family
The surname Preis was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region Saxony. The name Preuss came from an ancient Baltic tribe of the name Prüsen, a tribe displaced by the German tribes in the 13th century. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Preis family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Preis research. Another 108 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1757, 1605, 1620, 1696, 1698, 1771, 1666 and 1737 are included under the topic Early Preis History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Preis Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Preuss, Pruys, Preussner, Preussler, Preissler, Prutz, Preis, Preiss, Preisser, Preissler, Preissman, Prusse, Prussman and many more.
Early Notables of the Preis family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Preis during this time period were Mihael Preiss, Slovenian politician, Mayor of Ljubljana in 1605; Johann Preuss (1620-1696) a German itinerant...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Preis Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Preis migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Preis Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Han Nicolas Preis, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- Johan Michael Preis, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- Friederich Preis, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Preis Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Caspar Preis, aged 34, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Conrad Preis, aged 31, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
- Johanna Preis, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Michael Preis, aged 48, who arrived in New York in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Preis (post 1700) +
- Ludwig Preis (1971-2017), German football coach
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)