Pree History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Pree family
The surname Pree was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
Antoine Dupre, born in 1643, son of Mathieu and Catherine, travelled from France to Canada in the 17th century. After he arrived in Quebec he married Marguerite Moutarchy, born in 1652, daughter of François and Claude, on 25th July 1672. They remained together in Quebec until Antoine's death at Château-Richer on 27th November 1686. 
Early History of the Pree family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Pree research. Another 28 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1463, 1507, 1511, 1520, 1524, 1576, 1640, 1742, 1748, 1755, 1795, 1811, and 1841 are included under the topic Early Pree History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pree Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dupre, Dupré, Duprat, Dupraz, Dupréel, Dupréelle, Dupréau, Duprès, Duprey, Dupray, Dupres and many more.
Early Notables of the Pree family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Antoine Duprat (1463-1535), a French Cardinal and politician, Chancellor of France; Guillaume Duprat, born in Issoire in 1507, who was Bishop of Clermont; Gabriel Dupréau was a theologian in 1511; Pardoux Duprat who was involved in law, was an academic and a great philosopher around 1520; Claude Duprat was bishop of Mende in 1524; Guillaume Dupré was a sculptor, medal-maker, and stone engraver who lived in Sissone around 1576; Marie Dupré...
Another 76 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Pree Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Pree migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Pree Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Pree, aged 26, originally from Kaiserslautern, Germany, arrived in New York in 1921 aboard the ship "Oropesa" from Hamburg, Germany 
Contemporary Notables of the name Pree (post 1700) +
- Willard Ames De Pree (b. 1928), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Mozambique, 1976-80; Bangladesh, 1987-90 
- Wolfgang Pree (b. 1964), Austrian computer scientist and professor at the University of Salzburg, Austria
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6N2-F3V : 6 December 2014), Anna Pree, 19 Nov 1921; citing departure port Hamburg, arrival port New York, ship name Oropesa, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html