Posada History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Posada family
The surname Posada was first found in Asturias, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Posada family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Posada research. Another 302 words (22 lines of text) covering the year 1629 is included under the topic Early Posada History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Posada Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Posada, Possada, Posadas, Posaders, Posas and others.
Early Notables of the Posada family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Posada Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Posada is the 7,945th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Posada migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Posada Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Juan De Posada who settled in Florida in 1592
- Gregorio De Posada who arrived in New Spain in 1595
Posada Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro Posada who settled in New Orleans in 1837
- Pedro Posada, aged 39, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1837 
- Juan Gomez Posada, aged 35, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1859 
- Celestino G Posada, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Juan Posada, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1880 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Posada (post 1700) +
- José Posada (b. 1940), Spanish member of the European Parliament
- José Guadalupe Posada (1852-1913), Mexican engraver and illustrator
- Jorge Posada (b. 1971), Puerto Rican baseball player
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)