100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Italian Poli family come from? What is the Italian Poli family crest and coat of arms? When did the Poli family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Poli family history?The surname Poli comes from the personal name Paolo, the Italian equivalent of Paul. The popularity of this name was originally due to the fact that during the Christian era, people often named their children after saints and biblical figures.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Paoli, Paolo, Paola, Pauli, Poli, Polo, De Paoli, De Paolis, Paulich, Paolella, Paolillo, Paulillo, Pavolillo, Paoletti, Pauletti, Pauletto, Poletti, Poletto, Polet, Paolini, Paolin, Paolinelli, Paulini, Paulin, Polini, Pavolini, Paolucci, Paulucci, Polucci, Pauluzzi, Poluzzi, Paolicchi, Paolotti, Polotti, Polotto, Paolozzi, Paoloni, Paolone, Paulon, Poloni, Polon, Paolacci, Polacci, Paulazzi, Polazzi, Paolanti, Polato, Polesso, Paoleiri and many more.
First found in the port city of Genoa. Early records list the physician Gherardo de Paolo, as "one of the 12 wisest men in Genoa in 1315."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Poli research. Another 47 words(3 lines of text) covering the years 1798, 1837, 1419, 1603, 1681, 1642 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Poli History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 173 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Poli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Poli Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Giovanni Poli, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States, in 1894
Poli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Poli, aged 38, who landed in America from Conco, Italy, in 1905
- Ackille Poli, aged 26, who landed in America from Endine, Italy, in 1909
- Eliseo Poli, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Stazzeina, Italy, in 1909
- Emodio Poli, aged 41, who settled in America from Verone, Italy, in 1909
- Germano Poli, aged 18, who emigrated to America from S. Aug. Rone, Italy, in 1911
- Jared Schutz Poli (b. 1975), American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and U.S. Representative
- Andrea Poli (b. 1989), Italian footballer
- Giuseppe Saverio Poli (1746-1825), Italian physicist, biologist and natural historian
- Bernardo Poli (1915-1944), Italian professional football player
- Barbara Fusar Poli (b. 1972), Italian ice dancer
- Afro Poli (1902-1988), Italian operatic baritone
- Eros Poli (b. 1963), Italian former professional racing cyclist
- Fausto Poli (1581-1653), Italian Roman Catholic prelate and Cardinal
- Antonio De Poli (b. 1960), Italian politician
- Piero Poli (b. 1960), Italian competition rower and Olympic champion
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Glazier, Ira A. and P. Williams Filby Edition. Italians to America. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
The Poli Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Poli Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 March 2015 at 04:12.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!