Podolski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Podolski family
The surname Podolski was first found in Polesie, the largest province of Poland. It is inhabited by Ruthenians, called Polesians, of Ukrainian descent. The main towns are those of Brest Litovsk, Pinsk, Kobryn, Kamenets, Litovsk, and Luninets. It was in this province that the renowned Radziwills and Sapiehas held their vast estates. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Podolski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Podolski research. Another 132 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1460, 1550, 1580, and 1590 are included under the topic Early Podolski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Podolski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Podolski, Pudlowski, Podstolski, Podleski, Podolecki, Pudolecki, Pudleski, Podlowski and many more.
Early Notables of the Podolski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Podolski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Podolski migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Podolski Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- John Podolski, his wife Appolonia and their seven children who arrived at Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1898
- Iwan Podolski, who landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1898
- John Podolski, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1898
- Phylyp Podolski, who landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1898
- Wasyl Podolski, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1898
Contemporary Notables of the name Podolski (post 1700) +
- Sophie Podolski (1953-1974), Belgian poet and graphic artist
- Boris Podolski (1896-1966), Russian physicist
- Lukas Podolski (b. 1985), Polish-born German footballer
Related Stories +