Plourde History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Plourde family
The surname Plourde was first found in Brittany.
Early History of the Plourde family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Plourde research. More information is included under the topic Early Plourde History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Plourde Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Plouffe, Plouf, Ploufe, Plouff and others.
Early Notables of the Plourde family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst this name at this time was many individuals in Canada, such as Calixte Plouf, who was a carpenter in Montreal in 1871; Pierre Plouf was a grocer in Montreal in 1871; Hercule Plouf was a labourer in Montreal in 1871; Antoine Plouffe was a carpenter in Bord-A-Plouffe in 1871; Camille Plouffe was a butcher in...
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Plourde Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Plourde World Ranking
In the United States, the name Plourde is the 5,359th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Plourde is ranked the 465th most popular surname with an estimated 10,298 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Plourde is the 195th popular surname. 
Plourde migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Plourde Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- René Plourde, son of François and Jeanne, who married Jeanne-Marguerite Bérubé, daughter of Damien and Jeanne, in Rivière-Ouelle, Quebec on 26th August 1697 
Plourde Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Joseph Plourde, son of René and Jeanne-Marguerite, who married Thérèse De Chambre, daughter of Romain and Catherine-Angélique, in Montreal, Quebec on 21st April 1727 
- Pierre Plourde, son of René and Jeanne-Marguerite, who married Marie-Ursule Lévesque, daughter of François-Robert and Marie-Charlotte, in Rivière-Ouelle, Quebec on 21st January 1728 
- Augustin Plourde, son of René and Jeanne-Marguerite, who married Marie-Madeleine Lévesque, daughter of Joseph and Angélique, in Rivière-Ouelle, Quebec on 11th July 1728 
- Jean-Baptiste Plourde, son of Pierre and Marie-Ursule, who married Anne Hudon, daughter of Joseph and Madeleine, in Rivière-Ouelle, Quebec on 11th February 1765 
- Denis Plourde, son of Augustin and Marie-Madeleine, who married Charlotte Ouellet, daughter of Joseph-François and Françoise, in Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pocatière, Quebec on 1st February 1768 
Contemporary Notables of the name Plourde (post 1700) +
- Derrick William Plourde (1971-2005), American drummer
- Joseph-Aurèle Plourde OC (b. 1915), Canadian Archbishop Emeritus of Ottawa
- Tony Plourde (b. 1966), Canadian fencer
- Marie Plourde, Canadian journalist and television personality
- Lucien Plourde (b. 1930), former Social Credit party member of the Canadian House of Commons
- André Plourde (b. 1937), former Progressive Conservative member of the Canadian House of Commons
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 2, Institut Drouin, 1958.